Medicare and Medicare Advantage Programs Colorado Springs, CO
Colorado Dermatology Institute in Colorado Springs is honored to serve The Greatest Generation by catering the practice to the needs of those who have Medicare insurance. Skin cancer is an epidemic in the USA and the majority of those who have skin cancer are of the age to have Medicare insurance. Colorado Dermatology Institute is uniquely qualified to handle skin cancers as we offer everything from Mohs Micrographic Surgery to Superficial Radiation Therapy to treat Basal Cell Cancers and Squamous Cell Cancers. We are also equipped to handle many of the tougher Melanoma cases.
Medicare covers dermatological services for the diagnosis and treatment of skin disorders, including:
- Skin Cancers
- Other problem areas of the skin, hair, and nails
Skin Cancer Exams
Medicare covers full body skin exams for individuals with:
- a family or personal history of skin cancer,
- increased occupational or recreational exposure to sunlight, or
- clinical evidence of precancerous lesions.
- concern over any spot that is new or changing.
- concern over a spot that is not healing appropriately. Remember, a pimple that does not heal is likely not a pimple!
If you’re not sure about your benefits, please call our office at 719-531-5400. Medicare is government managed health insurance that does cover most all non-cosmetic issues of the skin, hair, and nails.
Medicare dermatologists are proud to serve this patient population. As a former member of the US Navy, I am proud to use my military experience, and the lessons learned from it, to take care of the dermatology needs of those who have Medicare, Medicare Part B and Medicare Advantage insurance! We are here to serve you as you have served us so faithfully for so many years.