Dr. Reagan B. Anderson
Dr. Reagan B. Anderson is an Osteopathic Doctor (DO) who specializes in general Dermatology and in Mohs Micrographic Surgery for the treatment of skin cancer. After graduating from Rampart High School in Colorado Springs, Dr. Anderson moved to Vancouver, British Columbia where he attained his Bachelor of Science and Biology from the University of British Columbia and a Master of Christian Studies degree from Regent College. Dr. Anderson was then invited to attend the founding Osteopathic Medical School, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Upon matriculation, Dr. Anderson was commissioned in the United States Navy where he spent the majority of his time serving the United States Marine Corps as the First Reconnaissance Battalion Surgeon. Dr. Anderson states, “Over the five years I spent in the U.S. Navy, it was my distinct honor to serve the medical needs of the military men and women of our great country. This experience, particularly my tours in Iraq where I treated U.S. and coalition military members as well as Iraqi civilians, gave me extensive experience in recognizing and treating the underlying causes of dermatologic conditions.”
Dr. Anderson left the military in order to pursue Dermatology. During his three year dermatology residency at the Michigan State University Consortium/Oakwood Southshore Medical Center, he was actively involved in academic pursuits which included national and international lecturing as well as publishing several dermatologic articles. From October 2008-October 2009 Dr. Anderson represented all Osteopathic Dermatology Residents as the Resident Liaison for the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology.
Since opening the Colorado Dermatology Institute in July, 2010, Dr. Anderson has been recognized as a Board Certified Dermatologist by the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology; as a Fellow Member of the American Society of Mohs Surgeons; and is one of approximately 40 Mohs surgeons in the U.S. to attain the prestigious American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology Certificate of Added Qualification in Mohs Micrographic Surgery. Dr. Anderson is on staff at Memorial and Penrose/St. Francis hospitals and is a member of the El Paso County Medical Society and the Colorado Springs Osteopathic Foundation. Dr. Anderson was the President of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology from 2020-2021. He was also an assistant professor at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Parker, CO.
Upon completing medical school, Dr. Anderson was commissioned in the United States Navy where he served two combat tours in Fallujah, Iraq as the USMC First Reconnaissance Battalion Surgeon.
“Over the five years I spent in the U.S. Navy, it was my distinct honor to serve the medical needs of the military men and women of our great country,” said Dr. Anderson. “This experience, particularly my tours in Iraq where I treated U.S. and coalition military members as well as Iraqi civilians, gave me extensive experience in recognizing and treating the underlying causes of dermatologic conditions.”
Dr. Anderson left the military in order to further pursue his career in Dermatology. Out of respect and to show our appreciation for those who serve and protect our country and our communities, Colorado Dermatology Institute is pleased to provide a 10% discount on cosmetic services and products for active duty military service members, law enforcement professionals, firefighters, and teachers.
- Bachelors of Science, General Biology University of British Columbia, 1992-1996. Vancouver, BC
- Master of Christian Studies Regent College, 1996-1998. Vancouver, BC
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, 1998-2002. Kirksville, MO
- American Osteopathic Association Approved Internship, Family Practice Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton, 2002-2003. Camp Pendleton, CA
- Undersea/Diving Medical Officer, UMO/DMO Naval Undersea Medical Institute, 2004. Groton, CT, Panama City, FL
- Master of Public Health School of Health Management, ATSU, 2005-2006. Kirksville, MO
- Dermatology Residency Michigan State University/Oakwood Southshore Medical Center, 2007-2010. Trenton, MI
- Board Certified Dermatologist, 2010 American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology, 2011
- Fellow Member of the American Society of Mohs Surgeons, 2011
- Certificate of Added Qualification for Mohs Surgery, American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology, 2012
- Fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow Member of the American Society of Mohs Surgery
- President of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology 2020-2021
Dr. Anderson’s passion for Dermatology is expressed in his personal statement:
“Dermatology is a vast field which has captured my interest and is teaching me more than just the medical side of our largest and most visible organ. Our skin incorporates the kaleidoscope of our genetics, environment, and psyche into the dynamic processes for which you find yourself seeking medical intervention. The interplay between all of these factors makes the field of dermatology endlessly enjoyable and rewarding.
I am sincerely grateful to so many people who have paved the way for me to be a Doctor in this great country: family, friends, wonderful patients whom I am privileged to serve, my Dermatology Program Director Dr. Grekin who taught me how to “SHOW others you care,” Tony Robbins for teaching me how to live with passion, and my beautiful wife who I am so blessed to know. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the team which is privileged to ‘help you become comfortable in your skin.®’”